Sunday, January 26, 2014

Why Am I always Sick?!

Don't get me wrong, I love living in Portland. It's absolutely beautiful, there are lots of fun things to do, amazing restaurants and I have made some incredible friends since moving here. However, I am furious.... I have been sick an extraordinary amount of times since moving here. Every time there is a wave of sickness that comes through town, I catch it as well as a few extra bouts of my own in between. It is beyond frustrating. Right now I am battling two weeks of bronchitis, now going into week three. And to top it off, last night Darin got a fever, muscle aches and sore throat. Sounds like the beginning of a nasty flu for him (and probably for me too given a few days). I did a 5-day round of antibiotics this week. At the end of which, I only started coughing more... I'm not really sure what that means but I am not happy about it.

Needless to say, we are playing hookie and ditching church today. So here I am coughing and head pounding, Darin is sleeping on the couch and Macy is probably taking a nap under our bed. Soon she will wake up wanting to play and be entertained. 

As for updates, not much new has been going on. Darin goes to school while Macy and I go to work. Yes, I get to bring my dog to work with me and I love it :). Last weekend Darin broke his finger in an accident that involved two bowling balls and faulty equipment. That meant a midnight visit to the ER last Friday night. Luckily we were only there for about an hour and his finger wasn't completely crushed like I was expecting it to be.

Maybe I will go join my people and take a nap as well. But I am not a nap-taking kind of person so I will probably just end up folding laundry on my bed... I hope you enjoyed attending my pity party. It's over now, time to get back to real life. 

<3

Just a cute picture of Macy I took recently

The busted index finger on his left hand

The top view of his finger

No comments:

Post a Comment