Sunday, January 5, 2014

Two Zoolander References in One Day?

Well it has been a couple weeks since my last post but I am back! It has been a busy couple of weeks and I am happy to be in to the new year! I will just do a quick little re-cap. We aren't super interesting people with really awesome lives, but we have made a nice little life for ourselves and I am grateful.

Darin has been on a two week break from school and is heading back to start his 6th quarter tomorrow. I can't believe we are already five quarters in! I have been working and Darin has been skiing (of course!). Christmas was low key and fun! I made crepes for Christmas breakfast. Crepes have become a Christmas tradition for us over the last few years and we both love it! We had a Christmas dinner with two other couples that don't have family around Portland and didn't travel so that was a lot of fun to spend Christmas with our friends. Darin completely spoiled me with a really special present this year. He seriously NEVER spends money on unnecessary things so I felt pretty great. I think he loves me a little bit ;-).

New Year's Eve was fairly simple. Sometimes I feel like such an old lady! We just had some friends over and ate pizza, played some games and then went to bed by 10:30. I went to work on New Year's Day so I wasn't too keen on staying up all night for no reason. I know, I am super boring! Maybe when we have more money, we will do some fun stuff for New Year's!

Macy had her six week check-up on Friday  and the x-rays/doctor said that she is doing great. She won't be seen by the surgeon again, so it is up to us to increase her activity and build up her strength. I am so happy that we can now start playing with her more and letting her have a little more fun while she gets stronger!

Yesterday, Darin and I had a little date and went up to the mountain. We left Macy with some friends who have a new puppy and we headed out to go skiing. He has been pestering me about going but the snow has been terrible and I didn't want spend the money on crappy snow. But we finally went and it was a little icy in places, but overall was not too bad. I was in a really good mood (a rare occasion) and kept messing with him and managed to make two Zoolander references within the first hour we were there. He turned to me and said "Two Zoolander refences in one day? I'm impressed!" I guess I quote movies when I am happy! We stopped for dinner at Calamity Jane's which is a super popular burger place out here. I was so much fun to have a nice little day-date with my honey! <3



I am super excited about the new year, I think this year will be a good one for us, 2013 was rough for me. I have only made one resolution and so far, and I have been doing great. My resolution is to keep my bras that I am not currently wearing hung up in my closet. I know, it sounds ridiculous but I have never been the person who makes tons of resolutions, I have never felt the need. However, my closet floor is always littered with bras so on New Year's Eve, I hung them all up and they have stayed that way for five whole days. *pat on the back* I am very proud of myself. Don't judge me.

I hope you all have made super meaningful resolutions, and are becoming better people because I certainly am (insert sarcasm). But I do hope that 2014 brings great things for all of us! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment