Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy December!!

For a while now, I have been thinking of doing a weekly blog. Just a quick little thing to keep people (mostly just my mom) in the loop of what is going on out here in Oregon. But let's give it a try and see how I do. I'd bet anyone that this doesn't last but who knows, maybe it will. 

This week has been pretty simple. Macy had surgery two weeks ago. She tore her ACL a while back and we finally decided to get it fixed. It has been a long two weeks and we still have four more to go. She has an appointment for a recheck on Monday so we will see how she is doing and find out if I have been doing a good job in her rehab!

After work on Friday we decided to get our Christmas tree. It as been freezing cold lately and we all about died at this U-Cut Christmas tree place. We went with some friends and their two kids were frozen solid! But on the bring side, we got a $5 Christmas tree, hot chocolate and cotton candy. Friday night was spent decorating the tree and the apartment, so it officially feels like Christmas!

Darin hit the mountain on Saturday, of course. My life as a ski widow has officially begun and I won't have my husband back until March or April. On the bright side, I got some good cleaning done on Saturday and made a cheesecake. :) I haven't eaten it yet but I am definitely looking forward to it! Saturday night was the Christmas party at church. It was great food, with fun skits and presentations. It was a Whoville themed so everyone was in their jammies and all the kids had a blast!

Today we had a group dinner with a bunch of friends. We love getting together for dinner's like this since most of us don't have family nearby. Everyone brings a piece of the dinner and it all comes together. Right now, Darin is sleeping on the couch. He hasn't been feeling well today so it is good that he is having a little cat nap. It is getting close to finals for him so there will be lots of studying to do soon.

Well that about sums up this past week. I have lots of things on my calendar this coming week. It is going to be a pretty terrible week though since Kira is moving.... Kira is the best and I don't want her to leave me!!! :( I am hoping to make some Christmas treats this weekend. I love making treats this time of year!! Merry Christmas!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment